- This event has passed.
March 13, 2021 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Join IMRC New England, New Jersey and New York Chapters for a Virtual Benefit Program.
7:30pm -9:00pm EST
About this Event
We’re excited to bring you our 2nd Virtual Program with the New England, New York and New Jersey Chapters. Our guest speakers for this year are Michael Wolfe, Imam Siraj Wahhaj and Qari by Sheikh Ismail Essa.
Did you know?
- India is home to 20% of the world’s blind population.
- About 40 million people in India are blind or visually impaired.
- Most cases of blindness are preventable.
- Often visual impairment is treatable.
- India has a significant shortage of optometrists.
This reduced access to care is often complicated by the inability to afford appropriate clinical services. Timely treatment can, not only prevent deterioration and blindness, but also improve earning potential and reduce accidents.
IMRC’s Indo-US hospital has provided:
- Over 1,500 cataract surgeries were performed last year
- Over 3,400 patients were seen or treated at the Eye Clinic
- Over 30,000 people benefitted from the Healthcare program
Due to rising demand for eye care, the ophthalmology service has a goal to broaden its capabilities by moving to a 4000 plus sq.ft stand-alone clinic.
This Benefit Program’s Goals:
- Raise $200,000
- Expand Eye Care services
- Have a new Eye Clinic Off-site from the hospital
A Muslim American poet, author, and the President and Executive Producer of Unity Productions Foundation and Co-Executive Producer for UPF Films.
Imam Siraj Wahhaj:
A globally recognized Islamic Leader, community activist, the leader of the Muslim Alliance in North America, and former Vice President of ISNA. In 1991, he became the first Muslim to recite the Opening Prayer of the Qur’an (Al-Fatiha) at the US House of Representatives.
Sheikh Ismail Essa:
Sheikh Ismail Essa is the Founder & Director of Tarteel Academy at the Muslim Center of Greater Princeton, MCGP. He is an Al-Azhar graduate with specialization in Qur’anic Sciences, the Ten recitations. The Shaikh has Ijazaat, is a well respected teacher and winner of several competitions.