Delhi burns. 35 killed. 800 families lose their homes and businesses
Help the victims now by donating today. Call your Congressman, State Senators, the State Dept and White House
InshaAllah this reaches you in the best of health and Imaan. It is with a heavy heart and grief I write to you. I returned from India and Kashmir about two weeks ago. Each day there are more reports of the continued and escalated violence, riots and anger that has erupted due to the Citizenship Amendment Act passed by Parliament of India. With each passing day, anti-Muslim violence in India is attaining new heights.
AS OF TODAY:
• 27 people have been killed
• More than 250 injured, mostly Muslims.
• The Muslim localities were attacked after BJP leader Kapil Mishra warned anti-CAA protesters to end their peaceful sit-ins in the northeastern Jafrabad and Maujpur areas of the Indian capital.
• Hundreds of Hindutva radicals belonging to RSS and BJP set fire to mosques, madrasas, businesses and invaded Muslim homes in North East Delhi, sometimes with the Delhi police present.
• Hindu mobs forced wounded Muslim men to recite the national anthem and mercilessly beat them.
Areas worst affected by violence: Sonia Vihar, Karawal Nagar, Gokulpuri, Ashok Nagar, Chand Bagh, Mustafabad, Shiv Vihar, Seelampur, Karadampuri, Kabeer Nagar, Ghonda, Noor-e-Ilahi, Jafarabad, Babarpur, and Maujpur.
Initial estimates by IMRC volunteers on the ground suggest that nearly 800 families have been directly affected by the violence. IMRC is working with partners on the ground to deliver critical aid of food, medicine, bedding and blankets.
WHAT CAN YOU DO:
Help the victims now by donating!
Call State Department India Desk at (202) 647-1450 and the White House (202) 456-1111 to condemn the attacks.
Our struggle is in India. We must help people in need now.
May Allah (SWT) bless you immensely. Please keep the victims in your duas. Jazak Allah khair for your support and efforts.
IMRC Executive Director